Monday, December 5, 2011

Stuff I've Learned -So Far

Here are some things that I've learned since beginning this new chapter of our lives...
  • Even when one attempts to be careful, people are still likely to be hurt by sharing an experience because it is personal because we are connected through our faith.  The first thing I want for myself & others is to follow God, and the last thing I want to do is damage.  I know that God is using me and my pain for His purpose.
  • The "church" is not the building.  It doesn't really matter if it is a movie theater, a gym, a school, or a cathedral --It's the presence of the Holy Spirit, the message, the people.  There is something wonderful about being in a church in which God is at work!
  • EVERYBODY needs to be welcoming and friendly.  Even as a visitor/attendee, I am pushing myself out of my comfort zone!  (I even got a nice hug from a lady named Tammy last Sunday!)
  • There is hope for those who suffer from Stiff Worship Syndrome.  (I saw you look over at me last Sunday!  I'm not over it yet!)
  • God's Word *really* is alive and active.  Oh, my gravy. I feel like a switch has been flipped and instead of the Bible reading just history of other peoples' lives, I am reading about the my own present and the future as well!

Hebrews 4:12-13 (NIV) 

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

I'm sure that there is much more learning to come! (Some pain-free learning would be good!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on all of these. Probably more than you know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Susan- and if you are not careful, I am going to take you with me- when I go to worship- and shake you out of that Stiff Worship Syndrome!!! THAT would be so fun! We could do some Holy Spirit dancing, girlfried. ;)

    I love that you have found that the Bible is alive! That makes this adventure that much more complex- interesting, fun and yes- painful. BUT the good news is that God has a plan for it all, right?

    We are a part of the greatest story in the history of the world. We are doing alright. :)

    ReplyDelete